Monday, January 27, 2014

Chocolate Day!

Happy Chocolate Day everyone! Our volunteers here at my complex are so awesome that they organized a Chocolate Day for everyone. The heads of the committees asked all of us to bring a treat for the girls to partake of. I didn't know what I was going to do because I wasn't able to make it to the store to get ingredients for a chocolate treat. Luckily the head hancho D gave me some stuff and a new idea. D said to take Ritz crackers, put some peanut butter in between and then dip it in white chocolate. I went a little bit further and drizzled some melted chocolate chips on top. These aren't really a pastry but they seem too good not to share.



I got a little bit over excited when D asked me to set up the table for her. I grabbed some books off my top shelf (didn't have to use a chair. yay!) and my white board off the fridge and went down to the lower lounge to set it up. I used the books to create risers and levels so it wasn't all just flat on the table. I wanted to make it look interesting. I got onto Pinterest and found a funny quote about chocolate to put on my white board to add to the table. I really like the way it turned out with all the other volunteer's chocolates. 



Hopefully the girls enjoy it because you can tell how much love and effort all of the volunteers put into making Chocolate Day awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment