Saturday, October 19, 2013

College Cupcakes

It's official; I'm old. I have started my first semester of college. Now I don't feel old based on this fact alone. I feel old looking back on the kids I used to babysit and the fact that they are getting the Priesthood and going to Stake Dances and starting high school and growing up. These facts make me feel old. And I realize that I'm not old at all, but I have definitely noticed that I am no longer a child. I've come to terms with this new fact of life. Sort of. The one thing that hasn't changed is my love for cake and decorating it. In fact, I feel like it has grown. That's why I was so excited when my dorm complex announced that they were doing a Bake-Off and they wanted us to do cupcakes. I immediately reached for the new cupcake recipe book Mom had gotten me for my birthday and my roommates and I got to work. We spent the morning laughing, dancing, and singing along to Pandora as we each did a different task to complete our cupcakes. It was a great bonding activity and I will cherish it always.
The recipe we decided on was a Chocolate Raspberry cupcake with raspberry frosting. We made a few alterations based on what we could or could not get our hands on and created these masterpieces:


My roommate K is really creative and suggested we melt chocolate and draw pumpkins and "BOO" to add a Halloween element. She did that and I really like how they turned out, they really added to the cupcakes. 
We may have not won first prize, but it was a really neat experience to do something I love with people I love and see it all come together. 

I really want to persuade these girlies to come work with me once I get my own bakery. Think of all the fun times we would have together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment